Wards powrkraft RA saw

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by jimmac posted 12-20-2011 12:07 AM 1982 views 0 times favorited 6 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View jimmac's profile


9 posts in 1442 days

12-20-2011 12:07 AM

Topic tags/keywords: saw wards radial switch

My Wards radial arm saw died in the middle of a project. The trigger switch went kaput and now I’m stuck till I get it replaced.
Does anyone out there have a trigger switch for the Wards TPC-2610C radial arm saw? The switch part number is
18-00205 (per parts list).
If no switch is around perhaps somone has a suggestion on another way to fix the on-off problem. I could by-pass the switch and just plug the saw into the wall, but that is not a smart way to go with a radial saw.
I did take the switch apart but it is beyond repair. After all the saw is about 45 years old, and I bought it new.


-- James Mack

6 replies so far

View Pimzedd's profile


516 posts in 2895 days

#1 posted 12-20-2011 12:17 AM

Why don’t you get a safety power switch from Rockler or Woodcraft and wire it in? Go to That will give you the paddle to hit in case of an emergency. And they are on sale now at Rockler. I have one that I use on an old Craftsman bandsaw and it works well.

-- Bill - Mesquite, TX --- "Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge , timber framer and blacksmith instructor at Tillers International school

View Loren's profile


7967 posts in 2739 days

#2 posted 12-20-2011 12:48 AM

have you opened the switch and looked over its working
parts? Sometimes these things are easily fixed with a little


View Don W's profile (online now)

Don W

16829 posts in 1658 days

#3 posted 12-20-2011 01:51 AM

worst case just throw a light switch on it until a proper switch arrives.

-- Master hand plane hoarder. -

View Clouseau's profile


55 posts in 2124 days

#4 posted 12-20-2011 09:05 PM

1. Is there a number on the switch. The switch looks to be common “Skill Saw” switch. You might find a cross reference with Google.
2. Wire around it and use a power strip with a switch as part of it.
3. Purchase the switch mentioned above.
4. Make up a new switch box and mount it under the front of the table where is easy to reach. I use the 110-220 volt version from Grizzly ($13) in a 4×4 box with a plaster ring. Cut and wire in a new 14 ga extension cord so you have use of both plugs. You can then unplug the saw from the switch when the extra measure of safety is needed or when you need it temporarily for another machine. When wiring for 110 volts just use one side of the switch. If you burn out the contacts in the future, just move the wires to the other side.

-- Dan Coleman, retired Welding Inspector and past IA Teacher

View johnm59's profile


1 post in 1427 days

#5 posted 01-02-2012 06:09 PM

Try this place. My father-in-law had the same problem a year or two ago and was able to get the switch from them. The web site is but it only has contact info so you either have to call or email them. Good luck.

View jimmac's profile


9 posts in 1442 days

#6 posted 01-03-2012 06:00 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I too found the powrkraft web site and have ordered the replacement trigger switch. I do not know when it will arrive as they are open only 2 days a week and now my check seems to have been delayed or lost in the mail.

-- James Mack

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics