another dust collector question

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by sarahss posted 09-19-2011 07:05 PM 1081 views 0 times favorited 9 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View sarahss's profile


258 posts in 2821 days

09-19-2011 07:05 PM

I have the HF 1.5 hp dc and the y connector that comes with the machine cracked really bad—unusable bad. I need to replace it, but don’t know where to get a replacement. It slips over the fitting on the machine, and looks slightly larger than a regular 4” y conncector on that end. the end that connects to the flex is regular 4”. I looked at woodcraft and rockler, but don’t see one like it. Any idea where to find a replacement? I know HF sells the machine, but the one here is very unlikley to sell connectors.

9 replies so far

View JamesG79's profile


23 posts in 2618 days

#1 posted 09-19-2011 07:19 PM

Give HF a call at 800-444-3353. They will be able to tell you if the part is still available or not. It would help if you have your manual with the parts list and explosion when you call. If you don’t have it they can be obtained from HF’s website. Hope that helps.

View sarahss's profile


258 posts in 2821 days

#2 posted 09-19-2011 07:39 PM

thanks James—I’ll give them a call.

View crank49's profile


4032 posts in 3143 days

#3 posted 09-19-2011 09:00 PM

The same collector is sold by Jet, General, Rikon, and I’m sure dozens of others. It’s one 5” on the fan side and two 4” on the “Y” side. I buy acessories for HF tools from other companies like this all the time.

View Bill White's profile

Bill White

5101 posts in 4132 days

#4 posted 09-19-2011 09:06 PM

HF will quickly send you a part. I had to replace the switch on my DC. One call. Part arrived.


View StumpyNubs's profile


7674 posts in 2972 days

#5 posted 09-19-2011 09:09 PM

Buy some alluminum tape, the expensive stuff. It sticks to everything and stays put. Tape it up and call it done. Once you use that stuff you’ll never use duct tape again!

-- Subscribe to "Stumpy Nubs Woodworking Journal"- One of the crafts' most unique publications:

View sarahss's profile


258 posts in 2821 days

#6 posted 09-19-2011 09:11 PM

Stumpy—you mean there’s something better than the “universal adapter” out there?

View HorizontalMike's profile


7770 posts in 3086 days

#7 posted 09-19-2011 11:07 PM

That was NO wise (duct) QUACK, Stumpy’s got it right.

-- HorizontalMike -- "Woodpeckers understand..."

View dakremer's profile


2730 posts in 3263 days

#8 posted 09-20-2011 06:39 AM

haha. OMG that was hilarious

-- Hey you dang woodchucks, quit chucking my wood!!!!

View Manitario's profile


2651 posts in 3055 days

#9 posted 09-21-2011 03:47 PM

FYI Crank49; the “Y” is 6” on one side and splits to dual 4” that is the standard with most of these machines.

-- Sometimes the creative process requires foul language. -- Charles Neil

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics