Can someone identify this tool?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by scamp238 posted 1081 days ago 852 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View scamp238's profile


106 posts in 1132 days

1081 days ago

Topic tags/keywords: clamp question

I got this tool for free. I need to know what it is so I can properly use it. There is no manufacturers name anywhere on it. It looks like some type of corner clamp.

-- Brian, North Georgia

2 replies so far

View hObOmOnk's profile


1381 posts in 2759 days

#1 posted 1080 days ago

It’s a stand for holding/clamping irregular pieces of wood, like for a wood carver.

-- 温故知新

View Lee Barker's profile

Lee Barker

2163 posts in 1482 days

#2 posted 1080 days ago

I think this is a homebuilt holder of some kind, made of parts pirated from a B and D Workmate. Ascertaining the original purpose seems unlikely but a fun exercise nonetheless.



-- " his brain, which is as dry as the remainder biscuit after a voyage, he hath strange places cramm'd with observation, the which he vents in mangled forms." --Shakespeare, "As You Like It"

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics :: gardening showcase