What is this little tool?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by kxxr posted 1081 days ago 844 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View kxxr's profile


2 posts in 1082 days

1081 days ago

Topic tags/keywords: question

Greetings All, This is my first post. I’d like to know what this little tool is used for. The pictures show the razor blade attached to the block, which has grooves in the bottom. It must fit over the work piece and be pushed forward to shave the tops off of something. The blade doesn’t reach down far enough to work like a plane would. Does anyone recognize this or is it just a one off that was built for a task long forgotten?
views of front, back and side:

There have been several of us trying to figure it out over on another tool forum with no luck. I though someone here might have an idea. Thanks, kr.

2 replies so far

View TimL's profile


36 posts in 1406 days

#1 posted 1076 days ago

Veneer trimmer? Like when you edge band plywood.

View Bill White's profile

Bill White

3412 posts in 2592 days

#2 posted 1076 days ago

Talk about specialty tools…......
Good catch CessnaPilotBarry.


Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics :: gardening showcase