Drill chucks

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Chris_T posted 08-31-2011 08:10 PM 1230 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Chris_T's profile


94 posts in 2997 days

08-31-2011 08:10 PM

I was given a Milwaukee right angle drill that was dropped on a cement floor. When it fell the chuck broke off of it. So I look up the drill model number to look at a parts diagram to see what I need to order. In doing this I find out this is just a normal drill and somebody converted it to a right angle drill. It could also have been made so it could be used as either a right angle or normal drill. Anyway the chuck will cost me $60 plus shipping. Is there anyway I could get the broken piece out of the chuck? By the way the drill model is 1001-1.

2 replies so far

View Chris_T's profile


94 posts in 2997 days

#1 posted 09-01-2011 12:54 AM

No it was dropped from four feet. I will try that and see what happens.

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile (online now)


18394 posts in 3879 days

#2 posted 09-01-2011 07:09 PM

I agree with the bullet proof of Milwaukee!! Those drills all have the same 90 piece whether they were originally 90 or straight, they are easy to convert back and forth. Watch Craigslist. You might find a used one cheaper than 60 +shipping. That drill is well worth repairing!!

-- Bob in WW ~ "some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics