Brand Name for a cabinet door cutter set to accommodate 5.2mm panel?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Lee Barker posted 07-20-2011 08:24 PM 1041 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Lee Barker's profile

Lee Barker

2170 posts in 3049 days

07-20-2011 08:24 PM

Topic tags/keywords: question

Title pretty much says it all. Shaker profile, 15o is ok. 1/2” shank router bit preferred over shaper set.

All the sets I’ve found assume 1/4” raised panel.



-- " his brain, which is as dry as the remainder biscuit after a voyage, he hath strange places cramm'd with observation, the which he vents in mangled forms." --Shakespeare, "As You Like It"

2 replies so far

View Loren's profile


10477 posts in 3846 days

#1 posted 07-20-2011 08:30 PM

That’s about 2/10” – like any good luthier you work in 1000ths, fractional
inches, and metric. Crazy people – those luthiers.

Shaker doors are pretty simple, right? You don’t need anything but
a cutter for the slots really because it’s easy to work around coping
issues with that style.

I’d probably either stack a couple of thin slotting cutters or grind down
a 1/4” slot cutter.

Doesn’t Freud make sets that are adjustable?

View Terry Ferguson's profile

Terry Ferguson

203 posts in 2866 days

#2 posted 07-20-2011 09:39 PM

Lee -
The Amana bit looks like a great suggestion,
providing it isn’t ridiculously expensive.

-- Terry Ferguson, Bend Oregon

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics