Searching for Stanley 78 parts

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by AudibleVelvet posted 07-12-2018 08:12 PM 186 views 0 times favorited 5 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View AudibleVelvet's profile


18 posts in 736 days

07-12-2018 08:12 PM

Topic tags/keywords: stanley 78 rebate rabbet depth stop fence

Hello all,

Please let me know if I should post this in the trade/swap section rather than this.

I’m looking for fence and depth stop (screws and threaded rod also) for the 78 I picked up at a flea market. Any alternative to eBay is welcome.

Take care!

5 replies so far

View JCamp's profile


704 posts in 600 days

#1 posted 07-12-2018 08:33 PM

FYI you’ve posted this forum topic twice

-- Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might

View corelz125's profile


445 posts in 1025 days

#2 posted 07-12-2018 09:15 PM

You can try deycart he’s a member here

View JohnDi's profile


52 posts in 1483 days

#3 posted 07-13-2018 09:37 AM

I believe they are still available from Stanley.
Google Stanley plane parts.
I bought the threaded rod for mine a few years ago and I’m pretty sure I bought them online from Stanley.

View corelz125's profile


445 posts in 1025 days

#4 posted 07-14-2018 02:41 AM

they moved the parts to servicenet from the stanley page and now almost everything is no longer in stock. I wish it was still up and running they had a lot of parts for good prices.

View Don W's profile

Don W

18788 posts in 2617 days

#5 posted 07-14-2018 11:15 AM

eBay is probably your best bet, but your probably going to pay more than just keeping your eyes open for a complete plane.

-- - Collecting is an investment in the past, and the future.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics