I’ll soon be setting up my shop after not having one for several years. Financial necessity forced me to sell off some of the tools I once had, and my financial situation now isn’t much better so I’m hoping to do some swapping…
Things I Have To Trade
Things I Need
- Computers – I have 3 or 4 working desktop computers (with keyboards & mice – one has a monitor but it’s an old/small CRT) and one laptop. All will run Windows XP very nicely but they’re underpowered for Windows 7. Alternatively, I could load them up with Linux or Open Solaris (the best OS currently in existence, IMO.) I’m happy to install an Office suite and any other software you’d like to have.
- Computer Parts – Hard drives, CD/DVD burners, miscellaneous PCI and PCMCIA cards
- Computer Tune-up and Security Service – through the magic of remote assistance, I can take control of your computer remotely and perform various optimization tasks to (noticeably) speed up your system and ensure that you are well protected from hackers and malware. Note: This is completely safe – the access you would grant me is a one-time thing. You can watch the whole time and I can even explain what I’m doing by phone as I do it.
- Computer Repairs/Upgrades/Virus Removal – this is hands-on stuff, so it’s limited to folks in the Tucson area.
- Web Design/Development – I’ve been doing professional web development for several years. (My web design portfolio is here.) My sites are custom-built (not template-based) using web standards that are guaranteed to display properly and consistently across all operating systems and modern browsers (and even most older browsers.)
- Search Engine Optimization – If you have an online business (or use a website to promote your business), I am well-versed in the “black art” of Search Engine Optimization – making sure that your business comes up before your competitors when your customers search for certain key terms and phrases.
- A good mitre saw (preferably sliding) or radial arm saw
- Good routers
- Drill press
- Lighting fixtures
- A small electric subpanel and 4×15A or 20A breakers
- Dust collection accessories – duct work/hoses, blast gates, etc.
- Good wood chisels (If you have Japanese chisels you don’t like, I want ‘em! ;)
- Hand planes
- Sanders (I have a palm sander but that’s it)
- Jig hardware (knobs, handles, plexiglass, etc.)
If you’re interested in a trade, please message me. Thanks!
-- Founding member of the (un)Official LumberJock's Frugal Woodworking Society - http://lumberjocks.com/topics/29451