Help Locating a Couple Router Bit Profiles

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Lovegasoline posted 05-16-2018 11:15 PM 944 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Lovegasoline's profile


22 posts in 35 days

05-16-2018 11:15 PM

Ok so I’ve got two profiles on my immediate horizon I need to try and match. I’ve always used simple edge treatments, but I’ve undertaken an insane project of renovating 90 year old beat-out kitchen cabinets and they have a teeny bit of decorative detail.

One profile is for a countertop edge. I’m replacing it with a butcher block top and would like to try and match the profile (I’m not too sure how a profiled edge will look on a butcher block counter top, it seems most butcher block edge profiles are a simple square edge, chamfer, or round over. It’s a small counter near to a double enameled cast iron farm sink). Counter top is just under 1” thick.

Here’s some pics:

4 replies so far

View Lovegasoline's profile


22 posts in 35 days

#1 posted 05-16-2018 11:23 PM

The other profile is for kitchen cabinet doors. Doors are 1-1/16” thick.
Ideally I’d like to be able to make similarly profiled cope and stick doors.

Another option to have available is to be able to mimic the profile as a molding to use on frame and panel door construction.

Any leads as to where I can locate similarly profiled bits?

I’ve never made cope and stick doors before and am interested in trying it out.

View Rich's profile


2813 posts in 586 days

#2 posted 05-16-2018 11:48 PM

The stick and cope set will be easy. That’s a standard ogee profile and every company makes one. For the first one, google “door edge router bit” and find one that suits you.

-- No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

View jerryminer's profile


923 posts in 1438 days

#3 posted 05-17-2018 10:04 PM

The first one looks a lot like this:

Infinity Window Stool Bit

The cope-and stick set you show is similar to this (but the tongue size is different—could be adjusted, or door thickness changed):

Infinity Entry Door Set

-- Jerry, making sawdust professionally since 1976

View Lovegasoline's profile


22 posts in 35 days

#4 posted 05-18-2018 07:14 PM

^ Yep, it’s a window sill bit.
In fact my window sills have this same profile … my kitchen cabinets are built in (1920s) and the builders made everything very efficiently ; )

I still need to check dimensions and profile for the cope and stick profile …

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics