Stanley SW No. 71 Double Beam Gauge

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by te0020 posted 05-15-2011 05:40 PM 1018 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View te0020's profile


1 post in 2537 days

05-15-2011 05:40 PM

Topic tags/keywords: question

Does anyone know what the design of this gauge was developed for and where I might find more information about it?

-- Tim E

2 replies so far

View Don Johnson's profile

Don Johnson

685 posts in 2749 days

#1 posted 05-15-2011 06:16 PM

Looking at pictures on the ‘net, I see that it has two marker points which can be set independently.

Could this be a variation of a marking gauge which is set up once and then used to mark both sides of mortice slots on multiple parts – in this case by simply flipping it over for each mark?

-- Don, Somerset UK,

View Dennisgrosen's profile


10880 posts in 3084 days

#2 posted 05-15-2011 07:45 PM

its just a dublemarking guage like this one from E.C.E and is used the way Don descripe
either as a mortissegauge or covering two markings in a project

take care

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics