The new Delta 13” planer arrived yesterday!
I spent most of the day unpacking, reading the manual and and modifying the stand to accept the larger footprint. Ran a few pieces of mesquite through.
1. Lotta plastic
2. Lotta cut depth indicators. (3) One on the cutter head handle, one at the infeed, and one that’s really a stop at preselected depths of cuts.
3. Even with the plastic, it’s HEAVY. Definitely not a portable machine for this old man!
4. The cutter head raises and lowers sooo smoothly.
5. The DC attachment is a VERY welcome add on..
6. Out of the box, the tables were aligned to perfection.
7. The three knife cutter head leaves an awesomely smooth surface.
8. Not as noisy as the old one. Of, course that observation is tempered by the fact that the old one was going through it’s death throes.
Pictures of the stand mods and planer features to follow.
I know I should have not cut the mourning process as short as I did, but I go through the 7 stages of grief real quick.
-- Gene 'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton