Favorite lamp hardware?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Jonathan posted 03-28-2011 07:29 PM 907 views 0 times favorited 0 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Jonathan's profile


2608 posts in 3050 days

03-28-2011 07:29 PM

Where do you get your lamp hardware, such as sockets, switches, etc. from? I am especially interested in pull-chain style sockets, as well as the ones that have a little tab that you push in to the side of the lamp to turn it on or off.

I don’t really care for the ones that you have to twist/wind to turn the lamp on or off. That might seem like the way to go for the FLW lamps above, but I bet a pull chain would also work well for that design.

I would also consider using the ones that the switch is on the cord, enclosed in a little plastic case that has a wheel that you turn to make the lamp go on or off, or even a toggle type switch in a little plastic box on the cord.

I don’t mind spending a few extra dollars for something that looks nicer and functions better than the big box store stuff.

-- Jonathan, Denver, CO "Constructive criticism is welcome and valued as it gives me new perspectives and helps me to advance as a woodworker."

0 replies so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics