• Advertise with us

« back to Wood & Lumber forum

Forum topic by zipmac22 posted 12-17-2017 12:34 AM 178 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View zipmac22's profile


19 posts in 723 days

12-17-2017 12:34 AM

I’m making a set of corn hole boards and looking for a way to keep them together when not being used. I’ve seen hinges that seperate from the “pin” that connect both base plates. One side of the base plate has a hook or claw that slips under the pin and holds the two base plate together. On the other end of the corn hole board I thought I’d put a couple of latches to hold the two halves together.

I have seen these hinges I’m looking for, but can’t seem to find anything like them on-line. If anyone has any suggestions that might work I’m open to any suggestions. Thanks!

2 replies so far

View patron's profile (online now)


13594 posts in 3211 days

#1 posted 12-17-2017 12:44 AM

called ‘loose pin hinges’
used for storm shutters
see if some of these might work

-- david - only thru kindness can this world be whole . If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure. Dan Quayle

View jerryminer's profile


846 posts in 1311 days

#2 posted 12-17-2017 01:35 AM

Simpler than a loose pin hinge is a “separable hinge” AKA casket hinge. No parts to lose:

Separable Hinge

-- Jerry, making sawdust professionally since 1976

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics