Need help identifying old Disston

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by Sab1982 posted 10-07-2017 12:36 AM 204 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Sab1982's profile


9 posts in 393 days

10-07-2017 12:36 AM

Topic tags/keywords: disston hand tools saw saws tool

Hi all! I recently found an old Disston at a garage sale. I can’t seem to figure out which one it is though. Take a look at the pictures. Wheat handle, straight back, and what really throws me off is the notch cut on the back of the blade. I don’t even know the right words to describe it. Can anyone help?

2 replies so far

View bandit571's profile


18189 posts in 2464 days

#1 posted 10-07-2017 12:42 AM

Model No. 12 according to the Disstonian Institute. Notch is called a Nib….think of it as a hood ornament for handsaws…

-- A Planer? I'M the planer, this is what I use

View Sab1982's profile


9 posts in 393 days

#2 posted 10-07-2017 12:48 AM

You have a better eye than I do! I was on there and must have just missed it! Thank you!

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics