Help, I need a part.

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by woodklutz posted 01-29-2011 03:50 PM 2463 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View woodklutz's profile


221 posts in 2738 days

01-29-2011 03:50 PM

Topic tags/keywords: httplumberjockscomtopicsnewrouter part

Hey LJ’s, who else could I turn to for this request. I have an old Master Mechanic Router model MM 8510 that has a missing collet. This is a 1 3/4 hp router that I have had for at least 20 years, but it worked and money is tight so if I am able to I would like to fix it. I called True Value who was the seller of MM but no help. I am sure that tons of the same router were made under other names, but they could or would not try to cross index to see if there was a matching part. Thank you to all who take the time to read this.
Lumberjocks Rule!

-- honing my craft one mistake at a time.

2 replies so far

View RTim's profile


60 posts in 2662 days

#1 posted 01-29-2011 04:05 PM

Try part #25 at From what you posted, this should be the part you need.

The Master Mechanic series is a private label built by Skil.

Good luck!

-- Tim from MA -- "Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franlin

View GMman's profile


3902 posts in 3667 days

#2 posted 01-29-2011 04:26 PM

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics