Clamps for odd shapes

  • Advertise with us

« back to Focus on the Workspace forum

Forum topic by bandit571 posted 01-20-2011 09:12 PM 1030 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View bandit571's profile


21540 posts in 2859 days

01-20-2011 09:12 PM

Topic tags/keywords: clamp

I just use an inner tube or two. Wrap around, or if the project fits the inner tube, just slide it on. The clamping action is when I add AIR to the inner tube(s). These are bike tire inner tubes. If Imake a stool, one will go around each section with rungs. Since most of these inner tubes will take at least 40 psi, and some will even take 70 psi, there is quite a bit of clamping it can do. To un-clamp, just let the air back out.

-- A Planer? I'M the planer, this is what I use

1 reply so far

View rieferman's profile


39 posts in 2867 days

#1 posted 01-20-2011 09:24 PM

thanks for the tip, that’s a good one

-- New to woodworking, old to barn fixin'

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics