Galbert Caliper

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Pop posted 12-18-2010 10:22 PM 1719 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Pop's profile


427 posts in 3974 days

12-18-2010 10:22 PM

Hi Folks,

I just found what I think is a new tool. This thing is called a Galbert Caliper. Has anyone heard of it & better yet used it. Is it worth $80.00?

-- One who works with his hands is a laborer, his hands & head A craftsman, his hands, head & heart a artist

3 replies so far

View NBeener's profile


4816 posts in 3202 days

#1 posted 12-18-2010 10:58 PM

I know absolutely nothing about it, but …. the website is here

-- -- Neil

View gary351's profile


97 posts in 2824 days

#2 posted 12-18-2010 11:55 PM

IMHO it is a caliper made of steel to measure the diameter of a turning/round chair leg. It looks like it has a measuring gauge on it which would be better then just a caliper that doesn’t.

-- A poor man has poor way's

View TheDane's profile


5448 posts in 3691 days

#3 posted 12-19-2010 12:10 AM

I watched his videos and I think if I did a lot turning, this would be a handy tool to have. The advantage I see over a standard caliper is you wouldn’t have to stop turning to reset the caliper for different diameters. Unfortunately, I don’t have room for a lathe in my shop, so the only time I get to use one is when I can sneak into the cabinet shop at the local tech school.


-- Gerry -- "I don't plan to ever really grow up ... I'm just going to learn how to act in public!"

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics