Knockdown Furniture Hardware

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by woodgu posted 12-11-2010 05:49 AM 3491 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View woodgu's profile


63 posts in 2946 days

12-11-2010 05:49 AM

Topic tags/keywords: question

A neighbor was asking about some knockdown furniture hardware. He had a bed in storage that he recently got out. When he started reassembling it, he found he is missing several pieces of hardware. What is missing is some, what I have been told are called sunken nuts or dowel nuts. I recommended Woodcraft because I knew they carried some. It turns out they only carry one size and it is too large. Woodcraft part

This part he has is about 8 mm wide and 12 mm long. Anyone have any idea where one could buy these?

-- Phil G

3 replies so far

View canadianchips's profile


2609 posts in 3168 days

#1 posted 12-11-2010 05:56 AM

Home Depot carries them.

-- "My mission in life - make everyone smile !"

View Rustic's profile


3254 posts in 3767 days

#2 posted 12-11-2010 06:29 AM

check out Rockler too

--, Rick Kruse, Grand Rapids, MI

View woodgu's profile


63 posts in 2946 days

#3 posted 12-12-2010 03:07 AM

While out running errands this morning, I ran by Home Depot. Sure enough they were there. I pick up a couple packages. Thank you!

-- Phil G

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics