wood filler

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by Ntaskani posted 05-06-2017 12:48 AM 539 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Ntaskani's profile


17 posts in 1337 days

05-06-2017 12:48 AM

I am finishing up a bookcase and put some trim around plywood desktop. See image. There is a gap between the two that I’m trying to get rid of. What product is best to fill in this gap so it is not visible? Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.


2 replies so far

View sawdustdad's profile


364 posts in 1029 days

#1 posted 05-06-2017 02:32 AM

It’s impossible to see what you are doing with that picture. First you say bookcase, then you mention desk top. Can’t tell from that picture what you are doing.

No filler will fix what looks like sloppy construction. Try again.

-- Murphy's Carpentry Corollary #3: Half of all boards cut to a specific length will be too short.

View canadianchips's profile


2606 posts in 3141 days

#2 posted 05-06-2017 03:22 AM

IF you are painting it I use this and have satisfactory results. Sand it smooth, feather the edges so no line shows

-- "My mission in life - make everyone smile !"

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics