Gel pen kits

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by Luke posted 11-10-2010 01:35 AM 2677 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View Luke's profile


545 posts in 3258 days

11-10-2010 01:35 AM

Topic tags/keywords: pen kit pens pen turning gel gel ink

I am wanting to turn pens other than the cross style refill pen kits. I have everything I need to make slimline and designer pen kits at 7mm. I’d like to make pens that will accept the gel inserts and I know that they are larger than these will accept. What is the name or style of a common kit that is not exceptionally hard to turn that will accept these gel ink tubes? What kind of things do I need to think about or buy in order to use my setup and turn these pens because I’m imagining that the problem is that the ink tube will not fit in the 7mm tubes. And help or direction would be great.


-- LAS,

1 reply so far

View sbwertz's profile


12 posts in 2727 days

#1 posted 11-10-2010 04:42 AM

To turn the higher end kits, you will need the proper sized drill bit, and the bushings to match the kit. The bushings let you turn the larger sized pens on the 7mm mandrel. Euro pens, cigar pens, and Sierra/Wall Street pens are all options.

-- Sharon, Phoenix

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics