Pen Assembly Jig

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by paulcoyne posted 11-02-2010 07:25 PM 1925 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View paulcoyne's profile


133 posts in 3083 days

11-02-2010 07:25 PM

Topic tags/keywords: jig question

Guys I have had no long with the search button… is their any body here who has made a pen assembly jig for pen turning… I would rather make one than buy one but would love to see a few examples or just hear some thoughts on the whole idea…

-- thats not a mistake... i ment that

3 replies so far

View paulcoyne's profile


133 posts in 3083 days

#1 posted 11-02-2010 08:06 PM


-- thats not a mistake... i ment that

View KayBee's profile


1083 posts in 3209 days

#2 posted 11-02-2010 10:02 PM

I know a lot of people use a drill press for pen assembly. Works kind of like a press. Also some use a regular bench vise. Hope that helps some.

-- Karen - a little bit of stupid goes a long way

View lew's profile


12016 posts in 3718 days

#3 posted 11-02-2010 10:04 PM

I made one, Let me take a picture and post it.

The C-clamp is used to hold the press to the bench and to position the stop block for various types of pens. I used an old piece of uhmw plastic for the stop block and “pusher” end.

Hope this gives you some ideas.


-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics