What Do I Call This Doohickey? (Millers Falls Miter Restoration)

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by MrWhit posted 03-28-2017 10:57 PM 371 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View MrWhit's profile


16 posts in 658 days

03-28-2017 10:57 PM

This device has failed.
The notch is where the spring loaded lever pulls the pin down disengaging the lock.
It’s supposed to return to the locked position, but it’s totally stuck.

What is it called?
Can I order one somewhere?
Thanks folks.

2 replies so far

View Loren's profile


9948 posts in 3553 days

#1 posted 03-28-2017 10:58 PM

“shot pin”?

View Johnny7's profile


346 posts in 995 days

#2 posted 03-28-2017 11:08 PM

I believe MF calls that a “locking pin (index pin)”

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics