glue blocks

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodturning forum

Forum topic by Karda posted 03-20-2017 06:21 PM 137 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Karda's profile


258 posts in 123 days

03-20-2017 06:21 PM

is there any special glue for glueing to a face plate or extending a spindal

3 replies so far

View TheDane's profile


5056 posts in 3233 days

#1 posted 03-20-2017 06:28 PM

I use Titebond I (original in the bottle with the red label.

Just to be clear, you do not glue directly to the spindle or faceplate.

You use a metal faceplate that is screwed to the wood waste/glue block with #12 sheet metal screws, face off the glue block, then glue your workpiece to the glue block.

-- Gerry -- "I don't plan to ever really grow up ... I'm just going to learn how to act in public!"

View MrUnix's profile (online now)


4849 posts in 1769 days

#2 posted 03-20-2017 06:29 PM

For a metal face plate, you use screws. For a wood face plate/glue block, regular PVA glue is fine. Some will additionally put a piece of paper (like from a paper grocery bag) to aid in removal, but I’ve never found that necessary and just part it off as usual.


-- Brad in FL - To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid

View Karda's profile


258 posts in 123 days

#3 posted 03-20-2017 06:38 PM

thanks I have watched some UTubes where it is mentioned as an option but they cave no specifics about the glue

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics