Random Tablesaw Question

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Raze42 posted 03-15-2017 01:47 PM 501 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Raze42's profile


2 posts in 586 days

03-15-2017 01:47 PM

I got a quick question about my recent purchase, a 1946 unisaw.

What is the bar that sticks out the backside of the unit and what is it for?

Its connected to the back side of the rear trunnion sticks thru the cabinet and will follow the trunnion when the saw is beveled.

I didn’t think to take a pic and now its driving me crazy as I’m going to bed.

Its displayed at this timestamp is this video to the left of his hand, though I seem to be missing that piece and mine is only the shaft that is connected to.

Looked around but have no idea what to search, this is driving me crazy!

If anyone knows Id appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

2 replies so far

View knotscott's profile


8129 posts in 3524 days

#1 posted 03-15-2017 02:52 PM

I think you might be talking about the support bar for the back of the splitter and blade guard assembly.

-- Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

View Raze42's profile


2 posts in 586 days

#2 posted 03-15-2017 04:51 PM

that’s gotta be it, thanks man!

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics