Looking for hinges for a Flip Top (Reverse leaf) table?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by MaxMoody posted 03-10-2017 12:11 PM 1860 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View MaxMoody's profile


1 post in 621 days

03-10-2017 12:11 PM

Hi, I’m working on a design for a reverse leaf table. I’m having a hard time finding hinges as I’m not sure the exact terminology for what I need? If someone could show me where to find some hinges or what they are called that would be great! Here’s some links to what I’m referring to.

2 replies so far

View wuddoc's profile


318 posts in 3896 days

#1 posted 03-10-2017 01:23 PM

You may want to look at sewing machine hinges. Look for the PDF sheet on the hinge page showing installation.

Good luck

-- Wuddoc

View JBrow's profile


1366 posts in 1098 days

#2 posted 03-10-2017 07:59 PM


I suppose the style of hinge would depend on whether you want the hinge visible when the table is folded closed, when it is folded open, or invisible either way. A barrel hinge would remain visible along the edges when the table is folded close but would be invisible when folded open. Otherwise, here is a variety of hinges that may be able to lead you to the best style of hinge for your application. Hopefully the link is helpful.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics