Tool Gloat

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Estley posted 10-09-2010 03:53 PM 1042 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View Estley's profile


66 posts in 3782 days

10-09-2010 03:53 PM

So yesterday I went to the used tool place I scout every now and then to see what they had, and I saw a PC biscuit joiner (557) for $80, and I jumped on it. It came with two blades, but no hardcase, I’m a huge hardcase fan, so I looked it up online and ordered it. One thing that did strike me as odd is that in the places where they sell these online, they say the kit comes with the machine itself, the two blades, the hardcase and a centering plate, this is the first time I hear about such a thing, what is it for?

1 reply so far

View SnowyRiver's profile


51457 posts in 3478 days

#1 posted 10-09-2010 04:54 PM

This is a good question. I have a 557 and I looked through the manual and nothing specifically is said about a centering plate. The only thing I could think of is there is an accessory that comes with the machine that is plastic, and it mounts on the bottom of the plate that has the centering mark on it which is called an
alignment plate and is used for stabilizing the machine when using narrow stock.

-- Wayne - Plymouth MN

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics