Stanley folding rule

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by Rocka1 posted 09-29-2016 11:42 AM 526 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Rocka1's profile


1 post in 805 days

09-29-2016 11:42 AM

Hello all! I’ve got a question concerning a Stanley No. 62 folding ruler that I recently acquired. I’m curious about all the different scales and symbols on it. For example, if you open it and look between the 7 and 17, there are two “sun” symbols. Also, between the 1 and 5, there is another scale that reads from 1-14. Obviously, they’re there for a reason. Thanks in advance!

2 replies so far

View diverlloyd's profile


3128 posts in 2007 days

#1 posted 10-01-2016 03:04 AM

I believe those are for scaling measurements up of prints. Like the triangular drafting scales.

View Gentile's profile


311 posts in 1968 days

#2 posted 10-03-2016 12:28 AM

Cool looking ruler!
I did some research and found one on the eBay.
It’ll be here in a week or so…
I do get tired of my Tape Rulers…every one seems to be off from each other. When one has several it’s too easy to pull another out of the drawer and use them.
Plus there’s a cool factor using old tools.
I’ll be sure to check out the markings you mentioned.

-- "I cut it twice and it's still too short"

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics