which window sash router set

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by whiteshoecovers posted 09-27-2016 12:07 AM 525 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View whiteshoecovers's profile


63 posts in 1260 days

09-27-2016 12:07 AM

I’d like to reproduce some sashes in my house. This is a picture from the top of the sash. Is there a router set that will cut this, or is this a mix of a window sash router set and some other tenoning cuts?

2 replies so far

View Fred Hargis's profile

Fred Hargis

5143 posts in 2669 days

#1 posted 09-28-2016 11:37 AM

You may not find an exact match, but it looks like the Freud 99-050 looks similar to that profile. There’s a matching bit # 99-051 to complete the set.

-- Our village hasn't lost it's idiot, he was elected to congress.

View jerryminer's profile


944 posts in 1617 days

#2 posted 09-30-2016 06:30 AM

I have used this Amana set. Very similar, possibly identical, to your original.

You will need to cut the “mortise” (more like a bridal joint) with another tool (table saw, band saw, mortiser, ...)

-- Jerry, making sawdust professionally since 1976

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics