|Forum topic by juniorjock||posted 06-22-2010 03:13 AM||2489 views||0 times favorited||24 replies|
06-22-2010 03:13 AM
You all have to check this out.
Can you imagine this coming through a bunch of small towns to get where it has to be.
June 21, 2010
BRISTOL – An oversized tractor trailer carrying a generator to the
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the Virginia
The oversized load is over 365-feet-long, 22-feet-wide and 600 tons, one
Following is the route the transport will take through Virginia. Due to
- Cumberland Gap to Ewing on Route 58.
- Ewing to Jonesville on Route 58.
- Jonesville to Pennington Gap on Alternate Route 58
- Pennington Gap to Dryden area on Alternate Route 58
- Dryden area to just west of Big Stone Gap on Alternate Route
- Alternate Route 58 through Big Stone Gap to the base of Powell
- Base of Powell Mountain on Route 23 to the top of Powell
- Route 23 at top of Powell Mountain to near the former Wal-mart
- Alternate Route 58 at Norton to just east of Coeburn
- Alternate Route 58 just east of Coeburn to St. Paul
- Alternate Route 58 from St. Paul to Virginia City
Motorists should be alert to significant delays while the load is being