table saw relocation

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by jody495 posted 08-21-2016 12:48 AM 553 views 0 times favorited 5 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View jody495's profile


36 posts in 2459 days

08-21-2016 12:48 AM

hello,I hope someone can help me determine what I need to relocate my table saw. I can’t determine how much amperage my 3hp /220 volt saw pulls.also I need to know what size wire to use and do I need to use 20 or 30 map breakers. the saw will be about 45 feet from the breaker box. any help would be appreciated.

5 replies so far

View nightguy's profile


213 posts in 501 days

#1 posted 08-21-2016 12:57 AM

Jesse, hard to read sideways!!! I think in your second pick it sez Max AMB 40,not a P though, looks like a B.But again lousy pics, cant see sideways or all of the tag, Amps should be on it. Look up Ohms Law and do some simple math.

View Redoak49's profile


2904 posts in 1827 days

#2 posted 08-21-2016 01:09 AM

I think that FLA refers to full load amps so 17.9 amps.

View Nostradamit's profile


38 posts in 676 days

#3 posted 08-21-2016 01:12 AM

I believe the FLA on your tag means “Full Load Amperes”
This might be helpful

View jody495's profile


36 posts in 2459 days

#4 posted 08-21-2016 01:45 AM

don’t know why the pictures came out side ways.oops.thanks for the information

View TheFridge's profile


8332 posts in 1325 days

#5 posted 08-21-2016 01:54 AM

30A breaker with #10 wire. 3 wire receptacle. NEMA 6-30 im pretty sure.

-- Shooting down the walls of heartache. Bang bang. I am. The warrior.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics