Rigid 10" R4512 Table Saw dust collection chute

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by William64 posted 08-11-2016 12:59 PM 2088 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View William64's profile


4 posts in 798 days

08-11-2016 12:59 PM

Topic tags/keywords: question tablesaw

I just purchased a Ridgid R4512 table saw. I am trying to find a reducer to connect a 2.5” hose to the supplied dust chute (4” opening) but so far without any luck. The reducer I found (and ordered) from Rockler does not fit. It’s 4” OD is the same as the OD on the dust chute. I need something a few 16ths of an inch smaller. Does anyone have a similar setup and how did you solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

4 replies so far

View mramseyISU's profile


548 posts in 1690 days

#1 posted 08-11-2016 01:17 PM

You need a rubber boot to connect the two 4” sections. You can get a rubber 4” plumbing coupler that works for this. It’s tight but you can soap up the rubber and get slid on. That’s what I had to do on mine anyway.

-- Trust me I'm an engineer.

View WhyMe's profile


1053 posts in 1705 days

#2 posted 08-11-2016 01:59 PM

You need this coupler

View Albert's profile


514 posts in 3734 days

#3 posted 08-11-2016 02:40 PM

I made one from plywood, shape it like a doughnut with the proper dimensions and hold it in place with a couple of wood screws and / or duct tape.

View mramseyISU's profile


548 posts in 1690 days

#4 posted 08-11-2016 06:45 PM

Here’s the one I picked up at Home Depot. List price is a little more than the one at Rockler but if you have to order it from Rockler you’ll make of the difference in shipping costs.

-- Trust me I'm an engineer.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics