compressor hose

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by RJweb posted 07-30-2016 02:56 PM 593 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View RJweb's profile


124 posts in 2808 days

07-30-2016 02:56 PM

Topic tags/keywords: question

I purchased a hose for my compressor (rolair) it did not have the quick connect ends on it, purchased them also. Now looking at the hose ends, one end seems to have a bigger hole for air to pass through. Which end goes to the tool or to the compressor, Thx RJ

-- Life Begins @ 190 MPH

4 replies so far

View CharlesNeil's profile


2454 posts in 4046 days

#1 posted 07-30-2016 03:48 PM

its a hose, it doesnt matter, which ever end fits use it .

is it a male on one end , and female on the other,

View crank49's profile


4032 posts in 3146 days

#2 posted 07-30-2016 03:58 PM

The female end of the connector has to be on the compressor side.
The male end has no internal valve to shut it off when disconnected.

View sawdust703's profile


270 posts in 1595 days

#3 posted 07-30-2016 03:58 PM

The male end goes to the compressor, & the female end goes to your tools. Like Charles said, it doesn’t matter which end of the hose goes to where. They are both the same size.

-- Sawdust703

View MrRon's profile


5139 posts in 3418 days

#4 posted 07-30-2016 10:22 PM

Yes! the hose has a male on one end and a female on the other end. A female fitting should be on the compressor. Air tools will have a male connector to mate with the female fitting on the hose. This is standard male/female configuration.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics