Mistery jointer part

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by tealetm posted 07-13-2016 08:10 AM 577 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View tealetm's profile


97 posts in 1007 days

07-13-2016 08:10 AM

Ok i feel a bit stupid at the moment.

Picked up an older 6” Craftsman jointer over the weekend (113.206801) at a garage sale. I’m new to jointers and hope this will serve as a nice entry level piece for small projects.

The unit was disassembled in boxes as I have it together the best I can figure out. The tables cleaned up well and the guard has been fixed since I took the picture. $50 for the unit was a good deal (with a set of new extra blades).

Problem is, I have a piece leftover which I can’t figure out. It doesn’t look like it was ever used, but it is the same craftsman gray paint as the unit.

At the risk of embarrassment I have to ask: what is this piece? I’ve found manuals for the jointer but do not see this partl listed…

2 replies so far

View Clarkie's profile


455 posts in 1991 days

#1 posted 07-13-2016 08:22 AM

Good morning teal, the piece is for the Craftsman sander, the 6×48 belt sander. It has nothing to do with the jointer. It is used when you don’t want a piece to go past a point on the belt as you sand. Keep in mind there is only one stupid question, the one that isn’t asked. Have fun, make some dust.

View Combo Prof's profile

Combo Prof

3672 posts in 1427 days

#2 posted 07-13-2016 10:22 AM

I agree with Clarkie goes with a belt sander.

-- Don K, (Holland, Michigan)

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics