|Forum topic by Knothead62||posted 05-06-2010 06:31 PM||1077 views||0 times favorited||2 replies|
05-06-2010 06:31 PM
1. What are the first steps I need to take? I have a small hobby-type TS, Dewalt 734 planer, router (planning a table), but no jointer. I was thinking to make the boards the same width and thickness. It was an idea to have the top in three sections lengthways- two with narrower boards and the center section with wider boards.
2. I was thinking of making three separate sections, lengthways, and then putting them together. Got the idea from a wood countertop I saw at a WC store classroom. How many clamps would I need? Table will be about 42 in. wide and about 72 in. long, with no extension in the middle.
3. I’m a fan of Titebond III or what are the recommendations of the forum?
4. When I get a router table built (very soon), should I T & G the boards, glue joint, or what for putting them together?
5. How do I assemble them to a certain degree of level? Will I need to sand a lot or use a hand plane? (Say hand plane so I can justify buying one.)
Not sure of the legs and apron as the LOML hasn’t made up her mind yet. Maybe a fine grain wood, stained darker than the top. She will have to make these decisions.
Thanks in advance for your help. After looking at some of the projects, I feel like I’m about a half step above a termite.