|Forum topic by pashley||posted 1593 days ago||576 views||0 times favorited||1 reply|
1593 days ago
So, what features to include on Woodbuzz – my possibly upcoming woodworking website that is focused on reference, news, and other stuff? Here’s some ideas; I’d like yours.
• Plans. A picture of the piece, a brief description, indicate whether it’s free or paid, and a link to the site.
• Sketchup Plans. Your plans that you’d like to share with the community for free.
• Woodworking software. Planning software, like Sketchup, and related plugins; layout software; cost estimation software, etc.
• Style guides. What is “mission style”, and what shapes or materials do you usually see in it? What are Krenovian influences?
• Marketing help. Articles on how to market yourself, both on the web and at craft shows or showrooms; setting prices; ideas for things that sell, etc.
• Encylopedia. An alphabetically ordered description of terms – scarf joint, rabbet, Sam Maloof, and so on.
• Multimedia. Helpful videos or podcasts that entertain or teach.
• News. New woodworking products or recalls; news of woodworking schools, trade shows.
and of course, a forum.
Again, I think you can see the distinction from LJs. LJs is a community driven site, whereas mine would be content driven.
Are there any other features you’d like to see?
-- Have a blessed day! http://newmissionworkshop.com