Ryobi Plunge Router Help Needed

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by ltroupe1 posted 04-05-2010 03:16 PM 1555 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View ltroupe1's profile


49 posts in 2977 days

04-05-2010 03:16 PM

I just purchased a Ryobi model RE180PL Plunge Router and I want to do some inlays with it. I also bought an inlay kit that includes the bit and brass nut with the little brass collar. I don’t know how to mount it to my router though. Where can I get a router base attachment to use the inlay system?

1 reply so far

View Tim_456's profile


170 posts in 3594 days

#1 posted 04-05-2010 04:20 PM

I’m not sure about your model of router, but you can buy aftermarket baseplates, from woodcraft or woodhaven, that have the proper mounting flange on it for the brass collars. I used that as justification to get a square baseplate which is nice to have as well. I bought mine from woodhaven about 8 years ago and even had them drill the holes for me.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics