Identify this hardware part - log mill

  • Advertise with us

« back to Jigs & Fixtures forum

Forum topic by BethFraser posted 04-18-2016 05:36 PM 749 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View BethFraser's profile


11 posts in 1054 days

04-18-2016 05:36 PM

I want to build a log mill like this picture for smaller trees. Can someone please identify the part I have marked? Its the part that sits against the wood attached to the threaded rod.

2 replies so far

View HokieKen's profile


7562 posts in 1376 days

#1 posted 04-18-2016 05:43 PM

Hi Beth. Different manufacturers call it different things but it’s a foot that swivels/pivots on a ball on the end of the screw so it can make solid contact with logs where the end isn’t square. Here are some at Carr-Lane for reference.

-- Kenny, SW VA, Go Hokies!!!

View BethFraser's profile


11 posts in 1054 days

#2 posted 04-18-2016 07:54 PM

Thanks found it!!

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics