Which Blum Hinge?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Steve posted 03-04-2016 02:57 AM 805 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Steve's profile


189 posts in 2234 days

03-04-2016 02:57 AM

I have never purchased Blum hinges before, but now I have 16 cabinet doors to mount and need some advice. My doors will be mounted to face frames and will have a 1/2” overlay, so just wondering which would be the best hinge to use? And if anyone knows a good distributer where they can be bought bulk, around 100 hinges to start.


4 replies so far

View JAAune's profile


1854 posts in 2550 days

#1 posted 03-04-2016 03:31 AM

Have you looked at the Blum online catalog? They’ve got charts that will direct you to the correct hinge for the application.

-- See my work at and

View TheTurtleCarpenter's profile


1053 posts in 1299 days

#2 posted 03-04-2016 03:37 AM

Compact 33 hinges and you can choose from their wraparound or edge plates for mounting. The wraparound is mainly for face frames and the edge plates are mainly for remodels where you run into problem areas.

-- "Tying shoelaces was way harder than learning to Whistle"

View firefighterontheside's profile


19570 posts in 2090 days

#3 posted 03-04-2016 04:20 AM

I use the compact 38N 1/2 overlay. I get them on Amazon.

-- Bill M. "People change, walnut doesn't" by Gene.

View MadMark's profile


979 posts in 1686 days

#4 posted 03-05-2016 02:57 AM

Get the soft close feature . . .


-- Madmark -

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics