help wanted to locate a anglepoise magnifyring lamp in wood

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by Dennisgrosen posted 01-29-2010 12:58 AM 1243 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Dennisgrosen's profile


10880 posts in 3109 days

01-29-2010 12:58 AM

Topic tags/keywords: question

since my childhood I have had glasses and now when the fifty´s is just around the corner
I have realized that I need a magnifyring glass every time I work with small thing´s and iff
I have to look close up on something
and as I remmember it was here on L J that I saw a anglepoise magnifyring lamp in wood
and now I can´t find it is there some one who can help me to locate it
so I can make one for the shop I have the magnifyring glass for it


4 replies so far

View Dennisgrosen's profile


10880 posts in 3109 days

#1 posted 01-29-2010 01:48 AM

thank´s for the tip DaveR that is a clever way off doing it
but I was thinking of something that look like the J.Jacobsen lamp just with a mag.-glass instead
it has to be used on a table

View Maclegno's profile


224 posts in 3056 days

#2 posted 01-29-2010 05:21 PM

Dennis my “Macpod” project is very easy to make and I’m sure can be easily adapted to your needs

-- Maclegno,Scotsman in Italy

View JJohnston's profile


1622 posts in 3286 days

#3 posted 01-29-2010 05:44 PM

I’m not sure what “anglepoise” means, but like this?

Click for details

-- "A man may conduct himself well in both adversity and good fortune, but if you want to test his character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

View Dennisgrosen's profile


10880 posts in 3109 days

#4 posted 01-29-2010 10:00 PM

Maclegno Yes I had yours in my mind and I know it can be very easy adapded to it but yours I will
use the way it is for my photogear :—) just a little heavyer I have a mymia RB 67

JJohnston close and a good one too but as my overcooked brain doesn´t remember wrong
there was a bulb in it and there was a sheild around so the light goes in one direction here
in Denmark when its a lamp we call them arkitect lamps

thank´s for reading and the tips


Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics