Identify Item ??

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by bubbajones posted 01-08-2016 03:15 PM 1147 views 0 times favorited 11 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View bubbajones's profile


4 posts in 990 days

01-08-2016 03:15 PM


I have been cleaning out my fathers house and I found two of these. There are no identifying marks on them or the box. There were what looked like some router bits in the box. Can some one tell me what this is ?? Maybe point me to a manufacturer website so I can see how it’s used ?

Many thanks

11 replies so far

View a1Jim's profile


117203 posts in 3697 days

#1 posted 01-08-2016 03:28 PM

Welcome to Ljs
I’m not sure,it might help if you put something in the photo for scale/

-- wood crafting & woodworking classes

View Picklehead's profile


1043 posts in 2049 days

#2 posted 01-08-2016 05:37 PM

Carrying handle for 8-track tapes?

-- You've got to be smarter than the tree.

View JoeinGa's profile


7739 posts in 2126 days

#3 posted 01-08-2016 08:01 PM

The bigger piece certainly looks like it might be a router guide. For what? Is anybody’s guess.

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

View lepelerin's profile


495 posts in 2444 days

#4 posted 01-10-2016 05:32 AM

might be a part of a featherboard (without the feather)

View dhazelton's profile


2789 posts in 2416 days

#5 posted 01-10-2016 02:36 PM

Whatever it is, it isn’t all there or is an accessory he didn’t need. If you find any T nuts with handles they probably go with them.

View bubbajones's profile


4 posts in 990 days

#6 posted 01-10-2016 09:33 PM

Thanks for the replies. Here is everything in the box, and a better picture of the U shaped piece. It has steps of some sort. The piece of paper is standard 8 1/2×11.

View Nubsnstubs's profile


1368 posts in 1850 days

#7 posted 01-10-2016 11:40 PM

Yo, Bubba, you will probably B. slap yourself up side the head when you find out what it is….. A flash from the past keeps trying to expose it’s self after seeing those steps, but no cigar yet. Just put the pieces on each other, and when it lays in there like it looks like it’s supposed to, or a couple bolt holes align, then you question what it is…............ Good luck….. Jerry (in Tucson)

-- Jerry (in Tucson)

View dhazelton's profile


2789 posts in 2416 days

#8 posted 01-11-2016 05:09 PM

The steps make me think it has something to do with setting the height of a saw blade. Probably surfing around Rockler’s website would help.

View MrUnix's profile (online now)


6890 posts in 2318 days

#9 posted 01-11-2016 07:11 PM

The pad on one side and the steps on the other lead me to believe it’s designed to be clamped on the edge of something, and is adjustable depending on the thickness of what it’s being clamped to. U-shaped part goes on one side, big piece on the other side, and a screw between them tightens it down to hold in place. What it’s used for after it’s clamped on? Got no idea.


-- Brad in FL - In Dog I trust... everything else is questionable

View rustfever's profile


757 posts in 3430 days

#10 posted 01-11-2016 07:47 PM

It’s a ‘Giz-Hotchey’

Problem is….What’s a Giz-Hotchey?

-- Rustfever, Central California

View bubbajones's profile


4 posts in 990 days

#11 posted 01-12-2016 07:34 PM

It s a Giz-Hotchey

Problem is….What s a Giz-Hotchey?

- rustfever

Kinda like a thinga mabob but different !! LOLOLOL

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics