Stanley 140 Skew Plane

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Trade & Swap forum

Forum topic by Max posted 10-31-2007 04:26 AM 3315 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Max's profile


56000 posts in 4474 days

10-31-2007 04:26 AM

Topic tags/keywords: stanley block plane 140 skew

I just purchased a Stanley 140 Skew Block Plane and am in need of one of the knurled screws that holds the side plate in place. I know that I can use just a regular screw but would like to find an original one. Does anybody have any ideas on where to find one?? Maybe someone has one in there parts box?? I keep checking eBay but have yet to run accross one.

-- Max "Desperado", Salt Lake City, UT

2 replies so far

View WayneC's profile


13789 posts in 4298 days

#1 posted 10-31-2007 05:52 AM

Info in blood and gore tells where to get one for the lever cap.

And the side plate screws here

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View Max's profile


56000 posts in 4474 days

#2 posted 10-31-2007 04:51 PM

Great!!!! Thank you for the information and the links. I really appreciate it.

-- Max "Desperado", Salt Lake City, UT

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics