Center Rest

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by ctc posted 12-14-2009 06:17 PM 1149 views 1 time favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View ctc's profile


11 posts in 3619 days

12-14-2009 06:17 PM

I have used center rests on metal lathes… there available a center rest for wood lathes ? ( for long, narrow workpieces).

C.T. Carley

4 replies so far

View Chris 's profile


1879 posts in 4015 days

#1 posted 12-14-2009 06:29 PM


on wood lathes they are often referred to as “center steadies” or “steady rests”; there are usually two distinct types: Bowl and Spindle

I am currently building the one from

-- "Everything that is great and inspiring is created by the individual who labors in freedom" -- Albert Einstein

View Raymond's profile


676 posts in 3752 days

#2 posted 12-14-2009 06:47 PM

Hi C.T.

I remember David Marks of the TV show Wood Works used a steady rest on his show Wood Works. I didn’t find a link to his steady rest. But I did find this.

-- Ray

View WayneC's profile


13754 posts in 4122 days

#3 posted 12-14-2009 11:18 PM

Check eBay.

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View BlankMan's profile


1490 posts in 3377 days

#4 posted 12-14-2009 11:36 PM

Saw one in the WoodCraft store last week.

-- -Curt, Milwaukee, WI

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics