Craftsmen planer/jointer parts

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Schaef posted 10-24-2015 07:58 PM 546 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View Schaef's profile


1 post in 913 days

10-24-2015 07:58 PM

I need a plunger assembly # 21440 for model # 113.20650. Sears parts direct indicated not available.

1 reply so far

View MrUnix's profile


6596 posts in 2166 days

#1 posted 10-24-2015 08:17 PM

Can’t help on finding an OEM part, but that ‘plunger’ is not needed for operating the jointer… it’s just an ‘autostop’ type pin that positively locates the fence at 90 degrees (or maybe 45, both are similar). From the looks of it, it seems like a substitute could be made pretty easily – maybe even just a 16P nail stuck in a wood dowel :) Until then, a drafting 45/45/90 drafting square or similar can be used to set the fence – just position it and lock it down with the knob.

You might want to search over at OWWM to see if someone has one – post a wtb ad in the BOYD section or see if someone is parting out a similar model jointer. That part was used on more than just the model you have.


PS: Setting the fence angle is not something that most people do often – unless you do your edge bevels on the jointer instead of a table saw or other method. Once you set it at 90 and lock it down, you will probably never touch it again… which sort of makes that autoset pin irrelevant.

-- Brad in FL - In Dog I trust... everything else is questionable

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics