|Forum topic by TheTurtleCarpenter||posted 10-04-2015 02:34 AM||6655 views||4 times favorited||321 replies|
10-04-2015 02:34 AM
Ive been fascinated with tools for 35 years and used about any woodworking tool that associated with it. I remember my first purchase as being a old Keen Kutter No 5 Jack plane bought at a local flea market. A lot of tools later I am mainly into old traditional hand tool projects now, so I want to give back in a little competition to stem that same feeling into someone just getting started in woodworking. To me, Traditional Hand Tool projects give you more confidence by having to be a little more creative by not having a cord hooked to the wall.
This will be the prize paid for by me and I will also add a 2nd place prize of a vintage no-5, my old KK5
These are the rules and how the winner will win:1. You have to be fairly new to traditional woodworking. Your name cannot be Paul Sellers,,sorry Paul !
2. All projects must be made with hand tools only
3 Projects must be completed and posted on this thread with a description of what tools were used.
4. Project materials should not exceed $25
5. Judging will be done by me and two other LJ’s of my choosing
6. Project must be something you can use in your shop either as a; tool, jig/fixture, something for storage, box, table, organizer, shelf, bench hook, excettera. You can even redo something existing in you shop Just so you show pictures before and after.
7. Winner will be based on creativity, resourcefulness, finished product based on experience and tools used. Winner will not necessarily be the best looking product.
I started to buy this plane for myself recently but I was reading on this site of all the new LumberJocks looking for advise on tool purchases and this might be a boost to their future. Winner to be chosen January 1st 2016
This is the list so far: any others wanting to join in can at any time. 8 weeks till contest ends !
-- "Tying shoelaces was way harder than learning to Whistle",,,,,member MWTCA area K. Kentucky