Ok every time I visit my Daughter she has a list of stuff for me to do around the house which usually means I buy her a new tool of some kind.
Well now she has bought me a Table Saw to use when I visit her. (Must be something big pending for my X-mas visit) Any way it is a Hitachi C10FL Job Site saw. I have looked at a lot of reviews on it and found pretty much what I expected for this type saw.
1. The fence is not real good—So check alignment on pretty much every cut to prevent kickback.
2. The folding stand is kind of wobbly – Maybe tie a concrete block to the base?? Or build a new base.
3. The 3HP rating is a Joke – Maybe 1.5 in Reality which is OK
4. The dust collection is not real great due to a possible bad design from the factory of the dust shroud. – Check it out and rearrange it or redesign it?
5. Can this saw take a Dado Stack ? – I could use a Router to do Dados if I need to. Another New Tool for her :)
So other than these items that may or may not popup , what can I expect from this saw other than it is Not a Fine Woodworking saw. Am I going to have to Bite my tongue and not tell her she bought a piece of Crap for $100 and just deal with the issues or will it work Ok for some typical DIY Home Repair Stuff but don’t plan on doing anything Fancy with it.
I tried to tell her to let me know first what she was looking at buying BEFORE she bought it , but you know Kids they don’t listen very well. But I got to Love her for trying anyway.