help with door

  • Advertise with us

« back to Joinery forum

Forum topic by woodbuilder posted 09-25-2015 04:44 PM 657 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View woodbuilder's profile


7 posts in 2410 days

09-25-2015 04:44 PM

Topic tags/keywords: hinges doors tip

Hi there everyone. I am trying to figure out which type hing to make my door flush with frame. A

Any ideas? Thank you much in advance

2 replies so far

View ChefHDAN's profile


1097 posts in 2933 days

#1 posted 09-25-2015 05:13 PM

You’re looking for inset hinges for panel construction. I’ve nearly completed a project and used the Blum cliptop hinges, if you go to this page, about half way down there is a link to planning tools and you can click Planning Tools and then click Planning tool for panel cabinets. The tool is an excel sheet with macros to help you select the hinge and brackets to shop the parts.

Have to warn you though, since you might still have the option, insert doors are a PITA and if I did it again I go with an overlay, but if you have to do it don’t skimp on the hinge, if not for the 3-way adjustability of the Blum hinge, I would have burned the cabinet

-- I've decided 1 mistake is really 2 opportunities to learn.. learn how to fix it... and learn how to not repeat it

View mahdee's profile


3946 posts in 1851 days

#2 posted 09-25-2015 05:17 PM

I like the concealed ones like ChefDAN


Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics