copper screws

  • Advertise with us

« back to Finishing forum

Forum topic by holsterguy posted 09-22-2015 11:45 PM 720 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View holsterguy's profile


19 posts in 841 days

09-22-2015 11:45 PM

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I guess the hardware could be considered part of the finishing.
Working on some arts and crafts stuff and am looking for antique copper round head slotted screws like we’re used on originals.
Anybody have any ideas where to get them? I’ve checked a few places and everybody has pan head phillips.
Any help will be appreciated.

4 replies so far

View BurlyBob's profile


4859 posts in 2048 days

#1 posted 09-23-2015 12:04 AM

I got two ideas for you. Van Dykes furniture restorers or Jamestown Distributors. Van Dykes deals with all sorts of antique stuff. Jamestown is an awesome outfit dealing with boat building. If they’ve got what you want but it’s not antiqued enough there are ways to achieve that with simple household chemicals: ammonia, bleach, & vinegar are the first to come to mind.

Best of luck.

View daddywoofdawg's profile


1017 posts in 1357 days

#2 posted 09-23-2015 05:34 AM

Copper? or brass? never seen copper screws,not saying anything other than never seen them.I would think they would be a use a manual driver only,or they will twist the head off.

View dhazelton's profile


2591 posts in 2079 days

#3 posted 09-23-2015 11:25 AM

You can get copper screws and rivets where they sell copper gutters.

View holsterguy's profile


19 posts in 841 days

#4 posted 09-23-2015 11:38 PM

Not sure if they’re solid copper. I imagine they are copper plated steel or brass finished to look like copper.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics