rubber feet for cutting boards(source?)

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Stewbot posted 09-15-2015 09:31 PM 1422 views 1 time favorited 7 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Stewbot's profile


199 posts in 1081 days

09-15-2015 09:31 PM

Im about to build a lot of cutting boards for friends and family for the upcoming holidays and was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good place to order the rubber feet and screws in bulk.


-- Hoopty scoop?

7 replies so far

View Kazooman's profile


1006 posts in 1949 days

#1 posted 09-15-2015 10:08 PM

I don’t use rubber feet, so I can’t help you there. I use a type of foot that I get at one of the local big box stores (Menards here in Michigan). They aren’t cheap, but they really work well. I think they run about $4ish for a pack of eight. They are called “Slipstick Grippers”. I use the 1 1/4”size. They have a hard circular piece with a peel and stick surface and have a ring of a softer gripper material on the working side. They come with screws and I do use these to attach them to the boards (have to run them in to make the threads and then cut them shorter).

Here is a picture of the feet on a recent maple / walnut board:

View AandCstyle's profile


3052 posts in 2254 days

#2 posted 09-15-2015 11:07 PM

I would look for stainless steel screws.

-- Art

View Stewbot's profile


199 posts in 1081 days

#3 posted 09-15-2015 11:57 PM

Those can be an option, I’ll keep my eye out for something like that too. Rockler has sets but they are too expensive.

Nice looking board BTW.


Stainless would be best I agree.

-- Hoopty scoop?

View hairy's profile


2702 posts in 3529 days

#4 posted 09-16-2015 02:06 AM

I went to the big box stores last week looking for rubber feet, all they have is furniture glides. I did get these from Amazon. I’m not to the point of mounting them yet, but they are looking like they should do well. I saw other sizes as well.

-- My reality check bounced...

View Gixxerjoe04's profile


850 posts in 1574 days

#5 posted 09-16-2015 02:07 AM

I’ve used the ones from rockler, pretty expensive for what they are but can’t seem to find any anywhere else.

View Hammerthumb's profile


2844 posts in 1972 days

#6 posted 09-16-2015 02:35 AM

Try electronics stores. They use rubber feet for computer cabinets, stereos,etc.

-- Paul, Las Vegas

View rustfever's profile


752 posts in 3307 days

#7 posted 09-16-2015 02:56 AM

I have been using ‘Rubber Headed Piano Tacks’
I use the 1/2” black or brown and pre-drill the hole. I believe I use 1/8” drill bit.
I some times need to nip off the nail so it does not come thru the top.
Cost is less than $2 per dozen!

-- Rustfever, Central California

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics