Lighting control

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by Mark posted 08-10-2015 10:04 PM 583 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Mark's profile


919 posts in 2000 days

08-10-2015 10:04 PM

I was in a furniture store to day looking at a hutch/ buffet on the floor. It had 1 puc lite in the centre of the top. To turn the lite on and off all you did was touch the upper left cabinet hinge. Some kind of micro switch obviously, but I can’t find any info on it. The sales guy was no help at all. Any thoughts would be great…Or any ideas re: cabinet lite switching (other than the cord with an inline switch ) would be great. Thank you.

-- Mark

3 replies so far

View pintodeluxe's profile


5705 posts in 2839 days

#1 posted 08-10-2015 10:29 PM

I have come across this issue many times. I use the typical xenon low voltage cabinet pucks, but I cut off the in-line switch and wire in a rocker type switch. The switch can be flush mounted, and doesn’t distract from the piece of furniture.
I buy them from Rockler, Item #: 39896

Here is a blog on the topic, when you have a few minutes.

-- Willie, Washington "If You Choose Not To Decide, You Still Have Made a Choice" - Rush

View Daruc's profile


460 posts in 1158 days

#2 posted 08-10-2015 10:42 PM

I really like the Loox system from Hafele. Very simple, everything is plug and play.
You can get motion switches that are dimable.

-- -

View daddywoofdawg's profile


1028 posts in 1600 days

#3 posted 08-10-2015 11:39 PM

I have a lamp that you touch anywhere on the metal,and the light turns on or it works don’t know.
think they’re called a touch light?

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics