Double jaw moving vise question...?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Garp posted 08-06-2015 10:29 PM 785 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Garp's profile


11 posts in 2790 days

08-06-2015 10:29 PM

Hello, My google-fu seems to be failing me so I am sure I am searching for the wrong thing. I am trying to find a vise I can mount to a table, which has two moving jaws that move back and forth from the center. I am finding some things similar to what I need where both jaws move aganst a third stationary member, but I just need one that’s a flat style with jaws that both move apart from each other in the center… 2-3” bite needed on the jaws. I have seen them at a couple of gunstock maker’s, but never asked what they were called.

Any help in finding or what the proper terms are for finding such a vise, would be appreciated.

4 replies so far

View pjones46's profile


1001 posts in 2643 days

#1 posted 08-09-2015 06:01 AM

Do a Google search for gun stock vise. Believe Woodcraft carries them. You also might look at a pattern makers vise.

-- Respectfully, Paul

View rwe2156's profile


2926 posts in 1481 days

#2 posted 08-09-2015 01:33 PM

I believe Highland has them, too.

-- Everything is a prototype thats why its one of a kind!!

View Garp's profile


11 posts in 2790 days

#3 posted 08-09-2015 01:40 PM

None of these have two jaws that move.

View TheFridge's profile


9484 posts in 1487 days

#4 posted 08-09-2015 02:08 PM

Look up self centering wood vise.

-- Shooting down the walls of heartache. Bang bang. I am. The warrior.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics